Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

No Thanksgiving for me this year, I fear. After the ordeal of last year’s aborted plans for a big meet-up, I lack the willpower to attempt any such organisational challenge again. And most of my American friends have quit China anyway. In fact, just about everyone I shared the holiday with two years ago – including folks of several different nationalities – is gone now. Such is the nature of expat life.

The fact that the only places I’d trust to put on a good spread of holiday fare are way over on the east side of town also discourages me from indulging in a turkey dinner today. I’m probably going to be having a quiet evening in.

What I have to be thankful for: my new apartment now being just tidy enough for me to cook in it, and satellite TV.


A Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

No comments: