Saturday, April 30, 2011

Film List - My favourite actresses

In lieu of a 'Fantasy Girlfriend' post this month, here's a quick rundown of my favourite swoonsomely gorgeous and talented actresses working in the cinema today - a shortlist for possible future enrolment as 'Fantasy Girlfriends'.  (Tilda SwintonIsabelle Huppert, Kate Beckinsale, and Zhou Xun are omitted here only because I've already done FG posts on them.)



Froog's Favourite Actresses


Cate Blanchett


Amy Adams


Ellen Page


Mimi Rogers


Kristin Scott Thomas


Rosemarie DeWitt


Sophie Marceau


Isabelle Adjani


Salma Hayek


Parker Posey


Drew Barrymore


Bridget Fonda


Natalie Portman*


Paz Vega


Eva Green


Charlize Theron


Lucy Liu


Nicole Kidman


Thandie Newton


Milla Jovovich


Gong Li


Catherine Keener


Halle Berry


Anne Hathaway


Penelope Cruz


Naomi Watts


Emma Stone


Abbie Cornish



That's enough actresses.  Ed.


[* Exquisitely lovely - and dauntingly intelligent - though Ms Portman is, I find myself unable actually to fancy her. I fear she was rendered permanently off-limits by her debut performance in Léon. She was already clearly going-to-be-gorgeous, but it didn't seem decent to acknowledge that fact - since she was only 12 or 13 years old at the time. The mental barrier I erected to prevent myself being attracted to her beauty when she was still a child is, I find, still obstinately in place. Whenever I look admiringly at her lovely features now, there's an inner voice that screams at me, "Stop that! Don't you remember you first saw her in Leon?!"  Curse that darned film!!]


No comments: