Friday, March 18, 2011

Recently, on The Barstool...

The stultifying 'suspension of normal life' we endure for a month around the turn of the Chinese lunar New Year, followed by a 10-day break in Malaysia, has meant that I haven't done one of my intermittent roundups of recent highlights from my dark side 'drinking blog' in quite a while - but perhaps there hasn't been that much of note happening over there lately.

One of the posts I most enjoyed doing was this disparate assortment of videos of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, culminating in a remarkable cover version by American 'rockgrass' band Hayseed Dixie.

Other music offerings have been Tom Waits's marvellous love song Hold On and - for St Patrick's Day yesterday - The Pogues' riotous singalong Sally MacLennane. [And, speaking of P-Day, I just indulged in an epic curmudge against my younger "countrymen"...]

On a further St Patrick's Day note, I posted my favourite Father Jack moment (you might as well just follow this YouTube link, since embedding of Father Ted clips is comprehensively prohibited).

I've also issued a call-to-revolution against the ridiculous level of pricing we now suffer in Beijing's bars (a call thus far largely unanswered - you know how that goes in China!).

And a run of posts about my Malaysian jaunt prompted me to collect my various more exotic drinking experiences (non-UK, non-USA, non-China) under a new tag, Around the world.


Lots of entertainment for you there.

No comments: