Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Shaggy (again)

This is how I feel.


This is what I look like.

Apart from a few, very limited, clumsily self-administered 'trims', I haven't had a haircut since the end of last July.

At that time, I shaved my head completely - and my hair grew out again fairly slowly (much slower than on the previous couple of times I'd tried this 'look'; particularly on top of my head, where I find I am suddenly becoming worryingly thin).  So, it's only in the last month or two that my hair's become long enough to require a proper cut again.  But it is most definitely way too long now, untidy, hanging over my ears and my collar.

My surprisingly competent local hairdresser shut up his shop for the holidays two weeks ago.  And, thanks to local superstition, I'm unlikely to get an opportunity to get my hair cut now for nearly another four weeks.

I don't know if I can last that long.  I may have to go to an expensive Western 'salon'!  Or, more probably, I may have to shave my head again.  You have been warned...

2 comments:

Cedra Wood said...

Based on your previous posts on the subject, shaving seems to offer a host of advantages (including costing nothing). Any reason not to?

Froog said...

Well, it's such an extreme look, it represents a rather radical change of image - and possibly even of personality? - for me.

And it's a kind of decision not to be taken lightly, because of its awfully long repent-time (ha! I might say the same about talking to that woman over on The Barstool...).

And I'm reluctant to add further to my unfortunate image as a cheapskate...