Friday, November 26, 2010

Recently, on The Barstool...

Or not so recently....  I haven't done one of these roundups from the dark side for 6 weeks or so now.


The main event on Barstool Blues in that time was the launch of my "Mount Rushmore of Rock" post (now highlighted in the sidebars of both blogs), wherein I invite readers to nominate and discuss their four (or so) favourite rock musicians (and/or bands).

We've seen plenty more music - from Tommy Emmanuel, The Ramones, zany Finnish singing group Semmarit (who I caught in Beijing last week), and China champions of this year's Global Battle of the Bands contest The Amazing Insurance Salesmen.

Donning my 'consumer champion' hat, I've bitched about the improbable difficulties sometimes encountered in getting a decent pint of draught beer in Beijing, and about the frequent inappropriateness of cover charges.

And I have offered a helpful analysis of the Top 5 Things That Can Go Wrong On A Date.


Did you miss any of this good stuff?  Go and make amends at once.

No comments: