Monday, July 12, 2010

'Normal service'


[This rather fine drawing from the English illustrator Kim Thompson]


Yes, yes, I know - it's been all football on here (and on The Barstool) for the last month; and many of my 'regulars', not feeling quite the same affinity (or obsession) for the game that I do, have been feeling alienated, bored, started looking elsewhere for their kicks. Yes, you've become football widows. Sorry.

I like to think that, despite the predominating football theme, I have managed to maintain some breadth and variety in my output: we've looked at football as it touches on nostalgia, superstition, divination, zoology, literary metaphor, parallels with (or obstructions to) romantic relationships, music, advertising, linguistics, satire, and more.

But some of you were still 'bored'. Well - watch out for the upcoming 'Golf Month', that's all I can say.

4 comments:

JES said...

nostalgia, superstition, divination, zoology, literary metaphor, parallels with (or obstructions to) romantic relationships, music, advertising, linguistics, satire, and more

Yadda, yadda. In fact, I have noticed that you've been covering THE SAME THING with MUCH DIVERSITY, and I sing the body eclectic as much as the next guy, but jeezus man... At least you didn't (oh, please tell me you didn't) do an If-I-Were-Otherwise-Gendered My-Fantasy-Boyfriend-Would-Be-[Enter Footballer Name Here] post.

But seriously, have you by any chance seen this entertaining account by someone who tried to bet via that German betting octopus?

Froog said...

Oooh, there's an idea.....

stuart said...

Wrong place, Froog, but Evan Esnos has his interview with Wu Yuren posted now:

http://ow.ly/2aEKM

It's already been tweeted and retweeted by several notables.

Froog said...

Cheers, Stuart.