Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keeping upbeat

Since we have been accused of being a little too negative here on Froogville recently, I thought I'd post a bit of 'positive thinking' music - the classic rendition of Accent-tchu-ate the Positive by Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters. (You can hear the song without visuals here.)

Of course, I first heard this in Dennis Potter's '80s TV series The Singing Detective - below.



Then I discover Willie Nelson also did a version (not one of his finer moments, but a curiosity). Then there's also this amusing but odd clip of a recent show by an Andrews Sisters tribute group (are they in drag??). There are better versions from Aretha Franklin (no video) and Dr John (a live performance in Aspen, Colorado, with fairly terrible sound).

But I leave you with this.....



[It had slipped my mind that the Easter weekend was coming up. Maybe I should have waited to post this until Friday...]

No comments: