Friday, January 29, 2010

Recently, on The Barstool...

A couple of days ago on my parallel blog I added a rundown of recommended posts from the 3rd quarter of 2008 (a companion to the list I provided for Froogville here last week). That was a particularly productive spell of blogging for me, producing a wide variety of good posts. My particular favourites would be this alcoholic bon mot, this humorous thumbnail sketch of a night out, this silly flight of fancy (attempting in vain to get the attention of the British Embassy!), and this sombre (but not without a joke or two) reflection on the Olympic year in Beijing.

Earlier this week I turned up an hilarious story from Singapore about a nightclub running a drinks promotion called 'Fill My Cups'.

And I marked Australia Day on Tuesday by posting a couple of pieces of classic humour depicting the stereotypical Pommie perception of Aussies, courtesy of Barry McKenzie and Monty Python.

No comments: