Saturday, January 30, 2010

It really ought to be a word

My 'Social Secretary' - the young lady who's been helping me organise parties lately - felt that she'd been overdoing things a bit in December, and decided to renounce booze for a while. Over the New Year she told me she was going to spend a few days in a monastic retreat.

I was a little taken aback. It seemed so out of character for her. Moreover, since she is an extremely vivacious young woman, I was concerned for the monks, I feared that their asexual tranquility might be catastrophically disturbed by her presence.

Of course, it didn't help that she's a sloppy speller on SMS, and one of the messages she sent me about this actually said: "I'm going into a molestary for a few days."


I wonder if there's one of those anywhere near me?

3 comments:

Froog said...

I am reminded that old university buddy and occasional commenter The Mothman used to like to suggest that the word masturbatory should be treated as a noun rather than an adjective - that, in the manner of a conservatory or an observatory, it should be the name of a room in your house specially dedicated to or equipped for that activity.

JES said...

*laughing*

(both at the post itself and the follow-up of a few minutes later)

Did she actually go through with this disturbing scheme?

Froog said...

I don't think she planned to be disturbing. It just happens naturally with her.

Yes, she did go to the monastery. She had so much "fun", she was talking of doing it again.