Friday, September 25, 2009

The Kafka Boys get SERIOUS

Earlier this week, Kallahar's Place, the simplest and most reliable of web-based proxies, for the past three years my favourite back-door through the Great Firewall, was finally blocked by China's Net censors.
 

Proxylord, the proxy favoured by my drinking buddy Dr Manhattan, has gone under as well (it never did work for me, but he swore by it).

And as of last night, even Tor is being thoroughly squelched.

(I'm getting heaps of interference with my Yahoo e-mail as well; I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not being individually targeted for some extra-special harassment.  It has happened once or twice in the past.)

I'm going to keep on trying to post via e-mail for as long as I can; but, at the moment, I have no way of reading the blogs myself - so I don't know if new posts are appearing as they should, and I'm not able to respond to comments.  (Since I have comment notification to one of my e-mail accounts, I would be grateful if someone could leave a comment just to let me know that you can see this post out there, in the normal world, beyond China.)

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get myself a subscription VPN at some point over the next few days.  Watch this space for further developments.

 


4 comments:

Tony said...

Yes, your posts are coming over OK.

JES said...

All okay here as well.

This assumes that I could magically know which posts are NOT getting through the screen.

stuart said...

Loud and clear in Oz.

Froog said...

Thank you, chaps. It was good to have the reassurance.