Wednesday, July 08, 2009

New Picks ofthe Month

A couple of recommendations from the old archives to keep you diverted while I'm 'away'....


From Froogville I select one of my darkest posts, Very bad things - a post that explains why I am often so depressed in the month of June, and why I do not always manage to maintain the sunniest of dispositions towards China and the Chinese.

And on a (much needed) lighter note, from The Barstool I would direct you towards Ideal job? - some musings about the most suitable employment for someone like me, prompted by my then imminent (though, as it turned out, shortlived) plunge into conventional office drudgery.... and touching - in my usual, wide-ranging, discursive (not to say rambling) way - on life in Greece, a favourite film and a favourite film director, the musicality of the French language, and the useful concept of esprit de l'escalier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE NOTE: If you should feel moved to add a comment, please do not mention the fact that I am in China, since I am purposefully attempting to conceal that fact. And please pass on this warning to anyone you may forward the links to.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Day!! (October 6th this year)

If you think you have heard this before,it's because you wrote it once a few years ago. Funny how things change, ha?? You have been shouting in nearly all your posts that you are in ....., I don't get it .

Earthling

PS. Aren't you going to show me your face on this trip?

Froog said...

Change of policy a couple of years ago. You missed that during one of your 'absences'.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I like the "absences" word. It's right, that is what it is. But in reality, my presence here, is due to my partial absence in the real world.

Have you had a chance to read the blog I "anonymously" left a trace of here? It's not something I'd like to sign my name under, so I'd just have people read it just to get some feedback. I'd love to have more people read it, if or when it passes the quality tests.