Saturday, February 14, 2009

The day which shall not be named

My antipathy towards Valentine's Day is by now, no doubt, known to all.

And if you are going to indulge in any of the conventional expressions of faked-up sentiment on this most nauseating and artificial of festivals, then you might at least do so (as that scourge of the Internet, Mr Tolstoy, urged us around
this time last year) with a realistic representation of the human heart. If everything else about this day is phoney, let us, please, keep at least this one thing accurate.



There are plenty of - rather arty and attractive - examples of such 'anatomically correct' hearts out there now. This was my favourite, from a selection I found on Trendhunter.

My apologies to new reader 'Fiona Jane', in case this picture should bring on another feeding frenzy. Yes, it's chocolate.

2 comments:

FionaJane said...

*refuses to look at the picture, not least because it looks a bit ghoulish*

Mr Nags got me a card with a picture of an elephant on it. He tells me that it was meant kindly.

Froog said...

Ah well, if I've made you think, even for a moment, that chocolate can be gross, I consider that a worthy contribution to supporting your great crusade against chocaholism.