Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It begins......

Public transport around Beijing today was thronged with people (yes, even more - much, much more than usual) with wheelie-bags in tow, making their way towards the railway stations.

It would appear that the great annual migration 'home' for the Spring Festival Holiday has begun already. Chinese New Year's Day doesn't fall until a week on Monday, but the travel bedlam is starting already.

And I just heard my first firework outside!

I swear this holiday gets longer every year......

2 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

I'll trade your bedlam for our bedlam right now.

The Investiture of the Anointed One is causing me more than a few problems.

Froog said...

Only one week to go for you, though. Party on!

I'm living in Firecracker Central for the next month.