Friday, September 12, 2008

It's official: I am A Guru!

Strange as it may seem, quite a number of people do seem to look to me for advice and opinion, insight even...... indeed, perhaps, on occasion, for moral example or spiritual guidance. Yes, I have been called sensei by many.

A blog-friend recently put me on to this Perception Personality Test on the HelloQuizzy website (a treasurehouse of these insidiously time-wasting personality tests). It rates me as...... A Guru. Apparently, though interested in humanity, I am ultimately more in tune with Nature; I tend to absorb the background rather than obsessing about foreground detail; I am primarily a 'big picture' kind of guy. See more detail on my result here.

That all sounds reasonable enough (though I'm not quite sure how that makes me a Guru....); but I think that, like horoscopes, these analyses are couched in such generalities that anyone can find something pertinent in them. And I think the results for this one could be very dependent on which pictures they show you (in my batch, there were very few with any human figures at all, and none of them were very interesting; I think almost anyone with an interest in photography - and a classically conditioned aesthetic sense - would have given the same responses as I did to the pictures I was shown).

Anyway, give it a try yourselves. Harmless fun.

No comments: