Saturday, August 23, 2008

A quiet week

Sorry, I haven't been blogging much this week.

Working quite a bit during the day (contrary to all plans and expectations!), trying to get back in a regular running habit in the afternoons, watching the Olympics on TV every evening (and often staying out pretty late, needing a bit of a lie-in the next day to recover) - it just hasn't left me any time to commune with my keyboard.

Also, my computer is now so lamentably encrufted that it frequently grinds to a halt altogether (mouse frozen or keyboard frozen or desktop frozen or all icons unresponsive; the most common failing, in fact, is an inability to break my Internet connection...... which makes me worry that someone is hacking into the computer and keeping the line open...... perhaps the Kafka Boys down at the PSB are victimizing me again, trying out some of their new Trojan toys on me??). During one such seize-up on Tuesday, I was left with no choice but to kill the damn thing by cutting the mains power.

And it was two whole days before I even thought of trying to power it up again.


Anyway, I shall now seek to make amends for that uncharacteristic lull in my blogging habit by unleashing upon you a mini-blizzard of short takes on the Olympics. You have been warned.

No comments: