Friday, May 30, 2008

Spoke too soon

It was only a couple of days ago that I spoke proudly on this blog my self-imposed ban on eating in taxis.

Well, the week just past has been so hectic that I've often been missing out on standard mealtimes altogether, so........ well, sometimes the 'rules' have to be relaxed.

Yesterday, "lunch" was 5 minutes of wolfing down yangrou chuanr and kao nang (that's mutton kebabs and flatbread, for you non-China-initiates) in the back seat of a cab with my principal recording partner, DD, as I shuttled between one studio and another.

I am ashamed of myself of course; but also mightily glad that I managed to get some sustenance in. And there does seem to be something particularly satisfying about eating kebabs on the move. Maybe it's the wind streaming through the open windows into your face......

No comments: