Friday, May 09, 2008

Haiku of the week

Unfamiliar blue
The sky returns from exile
Dazzling novelty


After enduring days and days of shit-coloured skies and half-mile visibility, a clear day is like a drink of cool water after a hundred-mile trek across the desert.


And sorry, but I had been playing with Blogger's new 'scheduled post' feature: I wrote this week's haikus the day before, and had timed them to appear on Friday morning, without the necessity for me to get out of bed to post them live (after the week I've had, I was determined to stay in bed until at least noon, whether I was asleep or not.... but in fact I was). Alas, I got caught out by the American (and Chinese) numerical convention that lists the month rather than the day first, and so had inadvertently scheduled them for early September. Drat! I will try to be more competent next time, I promise.

No comments: