Friday, April 18, 2008

A better-late-than-never haiku

Anger, despair, grief
Sharp as loss of friend or limb:
Another lost phone.


At least I already had a spare phone waiting to go into service this time, and I've been able to transfer my old number on to a new SIM card relatively painlessly. However, I didn't have any electronic backup for the address book. I do have a written list, but it's not completely comprehensive and up-to-date; and the process of manually inputting all the numbers again seems to take forever. And I fear there are quite a few that I've lost..... one or two potentially rather important ones that I may not be able to replace (yes, my infamous Plan may have suffered a fatal setback!). Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Cab driver No. 199847, I hope you're enjoying my phone, you bastard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Repeat after me: Pockets with velcro.