Friday, January 25, 2008

A "we're all doomed" haiku

Rise of the machines:
Humanity redundant.
Tin Man plays our 'Last Post'.


A reference, of course, to yesterday's post about the Toyota robot. I find myself suffering an odd mixture of emotions: I'm staggered by the technical accomplishment it appears to represent, but also profoundly depressed by the implications it has for our future.


Post-counter:
This little slice of millennial gloom was my 800th nerbling here on Froogville. I hope you're all getting ready for the great Post 1,000 Party this summer.

4 comments:

Tulsa said...

Part-ay! Can we all come dressed as Hitchhiker characters?

Froog said...

Brain the size of a planet, and they give me this to do.

Tulsa said...

Marvin, with a GPP (Genuine People Personality)

I've been reading :)

Froog said...

Yes, I'm over the syllable count in the last line. So sue me!

I suppose I could just leave out the 'our', but it somehow sounds right as it is.

Glad you're finally catching up on HHTTG, Tulsa.