Monday, November 19, 2007

My favourite book

Well, one of them, anyway.

I direct your attention to Book Book, Moonrat's book review blog (which does have a permanent link over in the sidebar there). Last week, it surged past the 100 posts mark (although there have been a few general information type posts in amongst that, so it's probably not quite reached 100 book reviews yet). In fact, as chance would have it, I chalked up Post No. 100 with a review of The Third Policeman. I think that's my tenth contribution so far (and I'm due another one soon). Please, go and check it out.

4 comments:

moonrat said...

you rock. a lot of people join, post for a little while, and then kind of drop away, and i'm grateful for their contributions regardless, but i'm even MORE grateful for you and the others who have sustained enthusiasm :)

and man did you sell that book... your review sponsored an amazon one-click episode last week. woopsie. i hope you're my publicist when *i* get around to writing something.

Froog said...

I hope I didn't oversell it. High expectations are often a bad thing - although I think this book can survive them, surpass them. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Although you probably won't get around to reading it for another 6 months.

It's quite short, though. And good for dipping into. Could you smuggle it into Ed Meeting?

Anonymous said...

As long as you're holding my Isabel Dalhousie hostage, give me something in return. This one looks good. I'll be stopping by to pick it up... hurry back from Chongqing so I can actually follow through with that threat.

(or I wonder if I could just show up bearing gifts of Ice Cream... your teenage guards could surely find me a way in if sufficiently motivated, me thinks...)

Froog said...

Who the heck is Isable Dalhousie? You make me sound like a kidnapper!