Friday, February 02, 2007

The Elusive Pimpernel

Well, it's not so much me as my Net connection which is a master of the sudden disappearing act. I find, rather to my surprise, that I do have a working computer at my 'family home' (huge thanks to Adam, the IT bod from my late brother's company, who has done enormous favours in obtaining and setting up a 'retired' computer for us). Alas (and not greatly to my surprise), Wales is scarcely more developed than my usual 'Third World' stomping ground, and the Net link here is almost as crawlingly slow and unreliable as the one I have been complaining of there for the past 3 or 4 months.

Perhaps we will get a proper ADSL broadband service hooked up next week, rather than just connecting through the phone. Then again, perhaps we won't.

And I don't have a lot of time for such fripperies as blogging at the moment anyway.

And I have to fight for computer time with my two young nieces.

So, don't expect to be hearing too much from me for a few weeks yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

Just all smiles and wishing you and the nieces well.