Monday, January 08, 2007

Not waving, but drowning

Today's bon mot was essentially about the painful irrevocability of dumb decisions.

This weekend, I switched my two blogs over to the "new, improved" Beta version of Blogger, seduced by the promise of 'new toys'.

However, I had misgivings, since 'New Blogger' is run out of the Google empire, and Google is notoriously susceptible to the mischievous tinkerings of The Kafka Boys, our local (unfathomably perverse and inconsistent) Internet censors.

I'm not sure if it is deliberate tampering or mere misfortune, 'conspiracy or cock-up', but today my Internet connection is once again exasperatingly dysfunctional. And Google & all things Google-related are the most crawlingly slow to download of all - in effect, pretty much unusable. Strangely enough, when we first had the interruption of service owing to the "Taiwan earthquake" last week, Google was miraculously unaffected.

I give up trying to figure what is happening with the bloody Internet here.

No comments: