Thursday, December 28, 2006

And a belated 'Poem of the Week'

Just because the world has ground to a halt during this holiday period, it doesn't mean I should neglect to bombard you with occasional literary offerings.

Such as this, a rather beautiful short love poem by an American called Robley Wilson (about whom I know absolutely nothing).


I wish in the city of your heart
you would let me be the street
where you walk when you are most
yourself. I imagine the houses:
it has been raining, but the rain
is done and the children kept home
have begun opening their doors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another one: "That's the trouble, you know." She spoke somewhat breathlessly, as if she were in a race. "You make no allowance for the unexpected, and when the unexpected happens it throws you all out of gear."