Thursday, November 02, 2006

My favourite, most terrifying Dubya joke

Continuing my Star Trek stream-of-consciousness.....


Dubya has been entertaining one of the Saudi sheikhs in Washington. When the sheikh comes to the Oval Office for his major audience with the President, he begins with some smalltalk about his first experience of American TV.

"I was enjoying television in my hotel room last night, when a very old show came on. I believe it is called 'Star Trek'. A very wonderful story. I was particularly struck by the fact that the crew of the spaceship is made up of many different nationalities. It is a fine example of international co-operation, of brotherly love between all the races of mankind. On the control deck, there is an Asiatic, a Russian, an African-American woman, and even an alien. But I could not help but notice that there was no Arab on the crew. Tell me, why do you think that is?"

Dubya drawls, "Well, ya see, it's set in the future."

No comments: