Monday, November 20, 2006

Help, I'm being oppressed!

My Internet isolation continues. The whole country is being denied Wikipedia (the government here is laughably petty), but it seems that I alone am being shut out from Yahoo, Google, and MSN.

Why? Why? WHY?

A few of my expat friends reported similar experiences a week or so ago, but their interruptions of service lasted only half a day or a day. One theory now being touted around is that the net censors at Kafka Central have been experimenting with some new filtering software.... and, er, in my case, forgot to switch it off again after they'd finished.

It's so CRAZY, it just might be true.

Anyway, the Internet company is obstinately maintaining that it has no idea what the problem is; and, having somehow got wind of my death threats against their personnel, they are refusing to send anyone around to see me in person.

This really is driving me up the f***ing wall!!!!!!!!!

No comments: