Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Better Tomorrow

The title of this post was, of course, a cheesily amusing '80s Hong Kong action flick, a breakthrough hit for Chow Yun-Fat (yes, another sly pitch for some search engine recognition!). It spawned a couple of even cheesier sequels - the minor inconvenience of the death of Chow's character in the first one being circumvented by the invention of a previously unmentioned identical twin brother.

I quote it merely as a pretext for introducing yet another of the many tomorrow-themed poems I have produced of late.


Possible Tomorrow

The possible tomorrows
Are too many to imagine;
But of all the ones I picture,
I like this one best:
I phone you
And you're in
And you answer
And, recognising me, you smile;
And, hearing the smile in your voice,
I smile too –
But silently, secretly.

No comments: